Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mr. Mobile

First of all I wanted to say thank you all for your nice comments about our last post! You are all very kind :)

Clark is eight months. He's been VERY mobile for the past month now! It's so fun to watch him crawl after Chase and Mallory. He has to be in every room that they're in and he LOVES to be in the middle of whatever they are playing with! Sometimes they like it when Clark plays with them and they laugh and giggle about him chasing them around, but sometimes it bugs them. When Chase spends half an hour building an elaborate train track and then Clark comes along and rips it apart in under two minutes - Chase gets very upset! He tells Clark, "You listen to my words, stop breaking my track, buddy!" Then we have to explain to him that, "Clark's just a baby and he doesn't know better and he just wants to be a part of what you're playing with." But it's fun to see all three of them play together! It's great when they are all entertaining each other!

Clark is all over the place dicovering his own little world! He has been pulling himself up on everything he can. Yesterday he took two steps sideways along the couch. He loves to pull himself up on the bathtub!

And he loves to climb! If we're laying on the floor he always crawls right over and starts climbing all over us. (You gotta love the smile behind the binki!)

I'm pretty surprised that he's as mobile as he is being as big as he is. He weighs 22 pounds! He's been wearing 12 month clothing since he was 6 months old. So yes - he's big, but he's also long. He has the footie pajamas for bedtime and his feet reach all the way to the very bottom. He's going to be tall!

He has already learned that when he wants picked up he reaches his arms up. I don't think Chase and Mallory learned that unitl they were closer to 10 months. He is definitely turning into a Mamma's boy! He cries if he can't see me or if I walk out of the room. It seems like he started the whole seperation anxiety thing early. But he's our last, so we are really enjoying him. I swear the more kids you have the faster time flies! Sometimes the busy-ness is overwhelming, but they sure are fun!

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

He's so cute!!!!!!!! I can't believe how much I really adore my number 3. They grow so quick because we are so busy with the other two.

Anonymous said...

Holly! Clark is turning into such a stud!! Would you look at those eyes?! I can see a lot of his beautiful mama in him - also a lot of his daddy! Danica is funny, she is scooting on her tummy and trying to figure out how to move her arms when she scoots so she doesn't fall smack on her face when she gets to far on top of her arms. So cute, so mobile, so talkative and only 5 months... we're in trouble!!

Anonymous said...

He's getting so big! I hate the next stage! Walking! They end up with too many bumps and bruises. He is a cutie!!

Nadine said...

He is such a cutie!!! They grow up so fast don't they? Love your just a little giggle posting!!

Britt said...

I agree with your last comment.. the more kids you have the faster time goes. I definitely feel that one. I can't believe how much time has gone by... and yet highschool felt like forever!

:) said...

He has the cutest smile. Don't you just want to pinch those cheeks? How are things going? Are your renters okay? Hope that you are great!

:) said...

Okay, so I just read what Mallory said about boobies. That is so hilarious! I love it!

Elise and Dan said...

He is such a cutie! You are going to have trouble when he's 16! Well, all your kids for that matter!

Aranne and Dan said...

He is very cute... Who am I kidding all of the kids are cute. We would love to get together with you guys and see the kids and see you two!

The Becker Bunch said...

CUTE kid!! He is just adorable!! I have a blog question...did you get this from cutestblogontheblock? Does it erase your friend list? I am afraid to do it!! Thanks!!

Amie said...

What a cutie pie...that's what's bouncin' around in my noggin! I love big babies! I think that Aaron might have Clark beat by 8 mo.! He's surely working on it! I love all the "mobile" pictures, babies always look so happy when they're on the move! We miss the Kurtzeborns! ;)

Donna said...

He's so big!! Looks like we're gonna have another Chase and Aidan (as far as size goes) - Clark has already passed up Tanner! Maybe someday I'll have a girl that can try to beat Mallory :)