Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Easter

We had a great Easter this year! It was nothing out of the ordinary. We did the same old things we normally do. Dye eggs, get baskets, hunt for eggs, get dressed up for church, and so on. I'll probably just post a ton of pictures - we got a lot of cute ones this year :) They're all pretty self explanatory, so here we go. We started out by dying eggs on Saturday night. Chase and Mallory really enjoyed themselves. Chase thought it was the coolest thing to put an egg into the bowl of dye by holding it above the bowl and letting it drop in while dye splashed out onto the table and floor. (Typical Chase . . . .the bigger the mess, the more fun he has.) We had to remind him several times that the dye stains and it's not a good thing to make his eggs "sky dive" into the bowl. No beuno!
Here's how Clark felt about sitting at the table to dye eggs:
He had no interest whatsoever. He threw such a big tantrum that he ended up kicking the table and knocking his chair backwards.
He's lucky the desk was behind him to break his fall or he could have ended up with a nasty headache! He also got his first taste of a hard-boiled egg. Here's how he feels about eggs:
Apparently he takes after his Grandpa Alan. He's not an egg man. Clark started gagging and making choking noises. The only thing he liked about eggs was the fact that they resembled balls. He kept pointing at them and saying, "Ball, ball." We gave him one to let him carry around and he threw it. Chase and Mallory also kept giving him their already dyed (dried) eggs. So needless to say, half of our eggs ended up severely cracked which left the Easter bunny with only a few to hide. Made for a very short hunt this year!


A Star Wars Starfighter egg for Chase. As you can see, he was thrilled!

The next morning the kids got up to get their baskets and find their eggs. The Easter bunny always leaves some candy and a couple small toys in their baskets.





The kids looked really sharp for Easter this year! I loved their outfits! Thank you Grandpa Marc and Grandma Treesa!

Chase



Mallory



Clark


And these last pictures were too cute not to post. I love that my boys have a great relationship. It shows in their faces!


We hope everyone had a great Easter!!

13 comments:

Britt said...

your family is so cute. LOVE the easter pics.. I was cracking up seeing Clark cry about everything. It's the age.. I keep wondering when the girls are gonna pull out of the tantrum stage. Brynn&MJ still have their bouts but not nearly as often.

Annie said...

omigosh! forget the kids (tho they are adorable) but YOU my friend, are A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! i just cant stand it. Your hat is priceless...love it...and I don't care that you want your blonde back, I love you asa brunie. :) And I find it hilarious that you left Clark in the position in his high chair while you took a picture. LOVE IT. :P I love giving things to elle to taste...she always gags and it cracks me up...so kuddos to that. :) LUv ya, call me!

Rochelle said...

They are growing up so fast! I love the pics of Chase and Clark..too cute!

Mark and Karen said...

First off, you are all way cute!

As a mother with two girls who recently got their ears pierced and received earrings in their baskets, I cracked up when I recognized the earring pack Mallory is holding. Too funny!

THE FLEMING FAMILY!!! said...

OH my GOODNESS Your kids are getting sooo BIG! It looks like you guys had way to much fun. BY the way I really like the dark Brown color hair! CUTE FAMILY

Anonymous said...

Cute outfits... Sounds like you guys had some fun.

Joy For Your Journey said...

Holly--I loved the pictures of your Easter celebration. Your kids are so darling! Cute boys and Mallory is a doll!

Debbie said...

Such darling kids! Easter morning with children is so fun! I love to see them in their church clothes.

Kel and Deke said...

Holly,
I love the pictures of Clark how hilarious, Mallory looks a lot like you. You look so cute in that hat, I have the shirt you are wearing in that picture except I have it in pink. Are you guys still liking the east coast? Your kids are so cute. :) MeKell :)

Nadine said...

The kids looked so cute. And of course how can Chase not have fun dying the eggs, I can picture the skydiving eggs right now. LOL.

Amie said...

Good times! You're all looken' fantastic! Glad you had a great Easter! Would a holiday EVER be complete without at least one of our children having a tantrum??? I think not. :) You've never said, how ARE you all liking the east coast?

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I love your hat in the picture with you and Craig. Can't wait to see ya in a few weeks...

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

What fun pictures! Looks like you had a great time. Cute kids!