Friday, July 17, 2009

Plunge

We're here! Sorry for the lack of posting this summer. We've been either vacationing or extremely busy. And when we haven't been doing either of those . . . . we've just been lazy or recuperating (however you want to look at it!). Anyway, I will be posting soon on our two recent summer vacations. So check back soon!

Last week, I was reading upstairs about 8:30pm. We had already put Clark and Mallory to bed. Chase gets to stay up a half hour later until Clark falls asleep so they don't stay up giggling. Craig and Chase usually play the Wii or watch a cool Discovery show together. It's their male bonding time. I had heard Chase tell Craig that he had to take a break and go to the bathroom. So Chase was going to the bathroom . . . . takin' care of his business. He had been in there awhile when I hear from upstairs:

Chase: Uh, Dad? I think there's a problem. A bad problem.

My ears were perked and I could hear Craig getting up off the couch to go see what the issue was.

Then I hear:

Craig: Ah, Chase! (And then a chuckle.)

I'm thinking: So is there a problem or is something funny? Craig sounded tense and then he laughed.

Then all I could hear from upstairs was a bunch of fast chatter from Chase, Craig said a few things back, a flushing toilet, the water running in the sink. I couldn't make out their conversation, but I hear Craig tell Chase to go upstairs and tell me what happened.

Chase gets to me and proceeds to tell me. . . . .

Chase: Mom, I was going potty and there was this bug crawling on the floor and he was scary, but I was going potty and I didn't want that bug to get me. So I just grabbed that plunger and I doot doot (hands fisted on top of each other thrusting downwards). And I plunged that bug. Then I picked up the plunger and that bug was still crawling. So I put the plunger back on him and I plunged and I plunged and I plunged that bug. Then I moved it to see if he was moving. And he was moving so I plunged him again and I just ripped up the floor with the plunger. But not the whole floor, just a little bit of the floor like this (he traced a square in the air with his index finger). Sorry Mom, but I got that bug.

Me (trying not to laugh hysterically): So the bug is dead?

Chase: Yeah, he's dead. I just plunged him.

Me (making sure I had the story straight): But you ripped up the floor. . . . with the plunger?

Chase: Yeah, sorry mom, but it was only a little bit of the floor. Not all of it.

Me (still trying not to laugh): That's ok. Daddy can fix. I'm just glad that bug didn't get you.

He kissed me goodnight and went to bed after that.

I went downstairs and Craig and I had a good laugh! What else was a 5-year old boy going to use to kill a bug while dangling his bum over the potty at the same time? I checked out the damage to the bathroom floor. He had just plunged up one tile. Nothing a little glue can't fix :)

If you're thinking about replacing your flooring. . . . . . don't break the bank paying someone to rip up the old flooring for you. A $3 plunger from Target and a little plunging action should do the trick!

I took these pics later. It's something we'll want to remember :)



11 comments:

Erin said...

Your Mom told me that story at camp. That is too funny!!

Rochelle said...

Thanks for making me laugh! That totally rocks! cute little guy, he's so resourceful!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome. I will have to remember that if I ever want to pull up tile.

Mark and Karen said...

I love it! He must be really strong...

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

What a cutie! :) All he needs now is a cape to wear while fighting bugs with the plunger and you've got a super hero in the making!

Elise and Dan said...

That is hilarious! Good thing you took pictures. You won't ever want to forget that!

Nadine said...

Holly, that was so funny!!!! If I ever need my tile replaced, I'm calling Chase! So glad you are posting again, I have missed your posts.

Love ya,

Alana said...

This is hilarious!! How cute is he?!?!

Amie said...

Wow! What muscles! :) Good thinking on busting out the camera! We have some fun potty adventures to post soon! Good times in the potty! I'm so glad the tile didn't crack. I noticed in the video that you cut your hair! You always look so beautiful...long or short hair!

Britt said...

oh my gosh.. that is the cutest story ever. my word.

Deanna Payne said...

What a great memory. Love that story!