Friday, March 28, 2008

Our Easter

It has been so fun to read about everybody's Easter traditions! I never realized there were so many different ways to celebrate! Some just do egg hunts, some just do baskets, some dye eggs, and some just do plastic eggs. Craig and I were talking about what kind of Easter traditions we wanted to establish in our family. I know our oldest child is four, but we never really talked much about this holiday's traditions. We decided that we would dye eggs the night before and leave them on the table along with their empty Easter baskets and the Easter bunny would come in the night and hide them somewhere in the house. We told them when they woke up in the morning they would have to see if they could find where the bunny had hidden their eggs and their baskets. When I first asked Mallory who would be coming in the night, her eyes got really big - and then her smile got really big and she whispered to me, "Santa Claus!" I laughed and had to tell her, "Not quite." She was cute! Anyway, we dyed eggs the night before - successfully with no spills. The kids thought it was the neatest thing in the world to change the color of the egg (we have never done this before).





Craig peeled and ate half of one of the boiled eggs and he offered the other half to Chase and Mallory. They both hated the taste! They love scrambled eggs, but apparently hard-boiled eggs are out of the question!



We didn't fill their baskets with a whole lot of candy this year. One, because we didn't want them to have a sugar rush right before we went to church. And two, because I would end up eating half of their candy anyway - and then I would be mad at myself. (Yes, I have self-control issues when it comes to candy) So we mostly filled their baskets with cheap books and toys. The "Easter Bunny" hid Chase's basket behind the couch in the living room and he hid Mallory's basket in the closet under the stairs.





Mallory loved a fun light toy that she got in her basket. From the look on her face you can tell it was pretty mesmerizing!



Clark snacked a little bit on Mallory's chocolate bunny. He loved it!! It was his first taste of chocolate! (We start early in our family :o))



But I think the biggest hit was from Chase's Easter basket. The "bunny" gave him some Billy-Bob teeth. (88 cents for a 4 pack! We're cheap!) We got the best laughs from these teeth!







We get our kids two formal outfits a year - one at Christmas and one at Easter. So here were their Easter outfits for church:

Chase


Mallory


Clark


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Chase looks like a little man! So Cute!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

I so LOVE the teeth! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute Easter pic's! I can't believe you give Clark Chocolate! Tell Craig he looked real cute with the teeth.

Mark and Karen said...

Looks like you've started a fun tradition. Everyone looks so cute!

Rochelle said...

Cute pics. Looks as though the teeth will have to become part of the tradition.

mph said...

I love Mallory's pretty pink dress! I also like your new tradition

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I love the Teeth! Happy Late Easter to you guys!

P.S. Could you email me? Thanks! :)

Donna said...

I love the teeth!! It was so good to hang with you guys tonight! I can't get over how big Clark is! And so ticklish...what a cutie!

Lindsey said...

Looks like fun! You guys looked so cute at church.

:) said...

Sometimes, I really get sick of Holidays, just because of all the darn candy and junk we buy. Augh. I should just stop buying it right. Yeah, my self control there is bad as well. But, I loved the funny teeth. Great idea! Nat

Becky, yep said...

So many things to say...
1- Mallory's dress..too precious!
2-Clark...MINI-CRAIG!
3- Those teeth are hysterical!

Great post!

Carrie Jo said...

Sounds like you guys had a pretty great Easter!

Britt said...

AWESOME EASTER! The billy bob teeth pics crack me up! Your little ones look so adorable all dressed up. I Love it!

The Becker Bunch said...

HOW FUNNY!! Keat got some krazy teeth for Easter also. But, they were gum. I think they were supposed to be BUNNY TEETH...I'll have to post a pic! All you Kurtzborn's are just beautiful and you looked so great on Easter!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a fun Easter!