Your brother is also your brother-in-law!
If your sister-in-law is your sister-in-law on both sides of the family!
You see the same people on both sides of the family get togethers!
These redneck jokes are from the mouth of my brother Jason! Jason met his wife, Natalie, when he was in high school. She waited for him while he went on his mission and they got married 3 months after he got home. Natalie has a younger sister, Heather.
Meanwhile my cousin Spencer who lived in Utah moved down to Arizona. Spencer ended up meeting Heather and they ended up getting married (This made Jason's cousin his brother-in-law!) Natalie and Heather have a younger sister named Kim. Jason and I have a younger brother named Cameron. Cameron and Kim of course knew each other through our family's close relationship - and church. Cameron and Kim started dating 3 months before his mission. Kim waited and they got married 6 months after Cameron got home. (Jason's brother is now his brother-in-law, and Kim, his sister-in-law is now his sister-in-law on both sides of the family.) Did I lose you there? It's really not as difficult as it sounds and I MUST add that no one who married each other is blood related. And talking to the photographer who took pictures of the wedding - she said things like this happen more often than you think it does. Where brothers marry sisters. She said it makes taking the wedding pictures easier because when you switch both sides of the families in and out for the pictures it's nice that half of the people stay there!
So it's a little on the humorous side. My brothers say they often crack jokes about it and Jason says, "I married Natalie first!" We have one more brother left and they have one more sister left. But my brother is on a mission in Thailand and he does have a girlfriend who is waiting for him. And their sister is still in high school so she is probably at least a couple years away from marrying!! Anyway, as I promised earlier, I finally got my hands on some of Kim and Cameron's wedding pictures.
Their photographer was eight months pregnant when they got married and she ended up having her baby a month after the wedding. So it took her awhile to get them their wedding pics back! They got married back on January 5th.
Their Temple sealing was first thing in the morning and it was gorgeous! It was a beautiful day! Kim looked absolutely stunning in her dress! And my brother was handsome as ever! We had a luncheon at my parents house after the sealing - and then Kim and Cameron went to go "pack" for their honeymoon before the reception. Hee Hee! (Didn't we all "pack" or go "take a nap" before our wedding reception on our big day?!)(Sorry guys! I'm just teasing!) :o) The reception was nice. I LOVE wedding receptions!
The music and dancing, seeing people you haven't seen in years, the memories it brings back of my own reception, etc. And I loved Kim and Cameron's wedding song. they picked "Beyond the Sea". I'm not sure which version they had played, but my favorite version is sung by Kevin Spacey. It fit them perfectly because Cameron served his mission in Hong Kong - an ocean away - and the song talks about a lover waiting for him beyond the sea. Great song!
As with all wedding days, it was fun, but long, due to the fact that we have three young children. They didn't get naps so by the time the reception started they were starting to fall apart! It was a great day and we are so glad that Kim is now a member of the family. Aren't you jealous of her red hair?! It's natural too! I can't wait to see what color hair their kids will have! I got to be a bridesmaid for the wedding. I was grateful she chose me for that. Since I don't have any sisters of my own it was nice to feel included that way. (Thanks Kim!) I'm so glad they got married in the Temple. It's so comforting to know that we are all sealed together. Our family links remain strong and unbroken that way. I love you Kim and Cameron!
Monday, April 21, 2008
You Might Be A Redneck If . . . . . .
Posted by The Kurtzeborn Family at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Love hearing how all the family members are connected! :) Beautiful wedding pictures and that red hair is to die for!
Love the pictures your family is as cute as ever. I still think that that is a crazy story of all the sisters in the Davis family. It's almost concert time!!! sorry I brought that up, but it's getting close
Great pictures... they make a great couple!
CUTE PICTURES!!! YOu look really pretty, and I really liked the dresses that you wore at Cameron's wedding! Very pretty!!
As for Jaci's Comment: "CAN'T WAIT TO PARTY!!!" He.HE
How funny! Chase looks so dapper in his picture.
Cute pics. I think its awesome that the brothers married the sisters! Too funny/ironic how that all works out.
Wow! I got a little lost there on who was related to who and how! I loved the pics. Of course, you look gorgeous in all of them!!
that is so funny.... apparently the Davis family and the Richardson family all got the hots for each other. ;) The pictures are absolutely Darling. I love your hair by the way...
I so understand this post. My sister-in-law is also my cousin. Her kids are my nieces and nephews but, also my second cousins. It's funny. . . sort of. We just try not to think about it to much.
Post a Comment