Saturday, January 19, 2008

Baby Shower

This has been such a fun week! I spent it preparing for my friend's baby shower. I offered to throw Kasie a baby shower a few weeks ago and we just had it on Thursday. I have never thrown anyone a shower before so I was way excited to do this - a little nervous too, I guess. I was afraid I was going to forget something or what if there wasn't enough food? How many people were going to show up? Does my house smell like pee? (Yeah, potty training's a blast! You forget they pee on everything! Need I say more.) Anyway, Kasie's sister, Janeal, and her in-laws helped soooooo much! They took ALL of the food assignments. And the food was delicious! I usually don't like cheese balls, but Kasie's sister-in-law brought one and let me tell ya - it was amazing! Kasie had a lot of people come to support her. She got tons of clothes for her soon-to-be baby boy and lots of diapers. Good thing - we all know how expensive those are! The party was great, here's some pictures of the fun:

Gifts of Necessity




You can tell by the look on her face how excited she was to get a car seat! She gave her other one away and needed a new one. When she finished opening it she said, "Ok, I can have the baby now that we have something to take him home in!"


Babes from the Sarival Ward! Melissa, Kim, Amie, and Crystal.


The ladies who supplied the yummy food: Moira-Lyn, M'liss, Miche, Marni, Carla, and of course Kasie.


Me and Kasie. I think this picture would have turned out cute, but my camera was acting weird. Oh well, what can ya do?


Thank you to all you ladies who came and celebrated with Kasie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you did a great job! I bought the bumbo seat actually for Alyssa and just recently got it out, Beau loves it!

Britt said...

GIrl.. I think you get more gorgeous every year. Seriously!

Mark and Karen said...

I second that! You look so dang hot!! I sure miss being there for all of the great celebrations you guys are having.

Lindsey said...

Great party Holly! You were a great hostess and I thought it went really well. Good food, good friends... sounds like a fun time to me!

The Becker Bunch said...

SO fun!! I wish I could have made it! BUMMER!! It looks like everyone had a great time...way to go. You are the hostess with the mostess!!:)