We started potty training Mallory on Monday this week. She has been more than ready for awhile now. But with the new baby and the holidays and my brother's wedding we just decided to wait until the new year to start. Monday and Tuesday were rough! I put her on the potty first thing in the morning to see if she would go. She sat there awhile and didn't go. So I got her off and put her in "big girl" panties. I then explained to her that she needed to put her pee-pee and poo-poos in the potty now. That she can't go in her panties. About 20 minutes later she peed all over the kitchen floor . . . . and tracked pee-pee footprints all the way across the kitchen floor to the bathroom. (Don't worry I have since mopped my floor - very, very well!) I was patient with her, after all it was only her first try. I put her on the potty and explained to her again that we can't pee in our panties we need to put it in the potty. I left her sitting there while I ran upstairs to get her a new pair of underwear. I came back down only to find her sticking her hand in the toilet water and slurping the water off of it into her mouth. I busted up laughing! My eyes started crying I was laughing so hard. (Now there's some parenting skills to be proud of!) I was thinking to myself "Sick Mallory! That's disgusting!" but was laughing so hard I couldn't bring myself to tell her that without peeing in my own pants! I left the bathroom so she wouldn't see me laughing. (I didn't want her thinking she was funny and then attempting to do it again) When I regained my composure a few minutes later I had to explain to her that we don't drink poo water!! Don't worry, there was nothing in the toilet. That was a positive. If my child is drinking toilet water I prefer there be nothing in it. Monday and Tuesday were hard. She peed through every pair of panties I put on her. On Wednesday I decided to try the naked approach. I heard that works with some kids to just leave them nakie-nakie from the waist down. So we've had our own little Lady Godiva running around the house - minus the horse :-) Yesterday and today she has done great! The naked thing seems to be working so far. Last night she went upstairs and used the bathroom all by herself without even telling me she had to go. She wiped and everything! And both times she went this morning all by herself again! I think she's catching on!
Monday, January 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Too funny about screwing up the old site! I changed my layout once and lost ALL MY FRIENDS LIST!! It was horrific and it took me FOREVER to get everyone back up!! Cute new site...how's potty training going?! Any time Keat goes potty in the potty we have a party for him...I stole that from ya!!
Holly... I got your email regarding your new blog.. I'm glad you sent it and thinking you must remember me. ;) Anyway... seriously I almost started peeing my pants when I read that your daughter was drinking the toilet water. That is hilarious. You gotta love kids... what did we do before them?
i like the new background. i want to change mine, but i every time i try it doesn't work. i just don't get html code.
Post a Comment