We took a quick trip up to Seattle over Super Bowl weekend. Craig's brother Scott lives up there with his wife and kids. They just had their third child in December and they blessed him on Super Bowl Sunday! It was actually a surprise. We did not tell Scott that we were coming. Craig's parents, Marc and Treesa, live here and they had planned on flying up for the blessing. My mother-in-law asked us if we wanted to go too. They were so kind and paid our way up there. (Thanks again Marc and Treesa!) Craig's mom is a flight attendant so she has the opportunity to get tickets for cheap - or cheaper at least! :o) It was the perfect weekend to fly! There was no one at security when we got to the airport! We were trying to get out of Phoenix, but everyone else was trying to get in for the big game - so the airport was actually pretty dead. Craig's mom pulled some strings with her powerful title of "Flight Attendant" and she got to take Chase up in the cockpit to have a look around.
There were only 30 some odd people on the plane to Seattle so we had the whole back of the plane to ourselves! Which was great with three kids! Chase was great! He stayed in his seat the whole plane ride. We put Thomas the Tank Engine on Craig's laptop and he fell asleep for half the plane ride.
Mallory was a little energetic on the way up there. The flight attendants loved her! She kept playing peek-a-boo with them between all the aisles. As always, when she realizes she's the center of attention she takes full advantage of the moment! And Clark pretty much slept the whole way too. I was a little worried because it's a 3 hour plane ride, but the kids were great!
We surprised Scott at Taco Time. Craig's mom called Scott and she told him to meet her and Marc at Taco Time for lunch. We watched for Scott to pull up and then Treesa walked out into the parking lot to greet him. She took Clark with her. We all watched inside from a window. We couldn't hear what they were saying, but Scott got this look on his face like, "Whose baby is that?" (He hadn't seen Clark before). We saw Treesa smile, then we saw a light bulb come on in Scott's head, and from watching his mouth move it looked like he said something along the lines of, "Is that Clark?" "Is Craig here?" They came inside and we surprised him! It was a great surprise! I love surprises! The blessing was beautiful and it was great to see them again. Craig and I always laugh when we talk about the ages of our children. Scott has a 7 year old, a 4 year old, and a 2 month old. We have a 4 year old, 2 year old, and a 4 month old. Their 4 year old is 2 months older than Chase and their new baby is 2 months younger than Clark. We had all three of our children sandwhiched in between the time that they had their second and third! (I told Craig he needed to keep his hands off of me! Hee Hee Hee!) It's like we're rabbits or something! :-)
Declan (7 weeks) and Clark (3 1/2 months)
The plane ride home was great! The plane was practically empty again. We flew home while the Super Bowl was being played. So most people were on their couches at home watching the big game instead of flying. It was a quick trip, but it was a sweet weekend. I love baby blessings!
Clark and Craig on the flight home!
One of the ways we kept Mallory entertained on the flight home was by blowing through straws at each other! She just loved it!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Seattle Trip
Posted by The Kurtzeborn Family at 5:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sounds like you guys had fun. Man, I need a vacation!
What a great trip. Your story made me really miss my family.
What a fun trip! One of these days maybe we'll make it to the state that I'd like to LIVE oneday!! We'll see!!:)
I love surprises.. so that is so cool you did that! Glad you got to travel with the inlaws.. that makes it so much easier. You know.. all those years I knew Treesa.. I didn't know she was a flight attendant.
LOVE the journaling of your trip! You're really going to read back one day and just love all the memories that are so detailed. Great pictures. That's so cool Chase got to go into the cockpit! By the way, I found this website that allows you to turn your blog into a hardback book! I'm so excited. I'll send you the link.
Post a Comment