Monday, February 11, 2008

Dirty Jobs

WOW!! What a week! My family is so sick! It started last Tuesday when Chase threw up just before dinner time. He had had hot dogs for lunch, and after cleaning up his throw up, I think I will no longer voluntarily eat hot dogs. He tried to make it to the bathroom, but ended up losing it in the hallway then trailing it into the bathroom. It was everywhere - the walls, the toilet, the floor, his clothes . . . . . sorry, maybe that was a little too graphic. Our house stunk so bad that we went out for dinner that night. There was no way I was going to prepare a meal with the stench of throw up! So we opened some windows to let the house air out and left! Then on Wednesday and Thursday Clark started. He wouldn't hardly eat and what I could get him to eat he would just throw up. Thursday night Craig and Abe (thanks for letting us borrow him Donna!) gave him a blessing. And he's been fine ever since. I love the priesthood! Mallory started having problems out the "other" end on Saturday. After cleaning up two poopy messes - I will spare you the details - (Craig stepped in and did the second one. Thanks honey!) I just stuck her in a diaper. Sunday at 2 in the morning she threw up all over in her bed and on her bedroom floor. So I pulled out a blanket and had her sleep next to my bed on the floor the rest of the night. She throw up again at 6am. I can't tell you how glad I am that we own a carpet cleaner! It's GREAT for times like these! Craig cleaned the carpets before church while I cleaned and laundered the bedding. I kept her home from church. She was so sweet. She begged me to let her go to church. And when Craig left for church with Chase she started crying, "I want to go to church." My sweet angel girl. I hope and pray that she always has a desire to go to church. She was fine the rest of the day Sunday, but then she threw up again this morning. And 45 minutes later she threw up AGAIN!! Luckily those two times were on the tile so the clean up was fairly easy (tender mercy from the Lord :-)). Craig went to bed last night with a headache and body aches. I'm wondering how much longer I will be able to avoid getting the flu!

We only have basic cable at our house. We have up to channel 23 - which is the Discovery channel. So needless to say we watch all the cool shows on Discovery. One of our favorites is Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. Craig loves the Dirty Jobs marathons! If I'm not mistaken at the end of every show he petitions all of the viewers for future show ideas. After surviving this past week I am convinced that MOTHERHOOD IS A DIRTY JOB! Between puke, poop, pee, snot & boogers, blood from scrapes and scratches, baby throw-up, slobber, spit, and any other type of bodily fluid - or solid - that you can think of I am 100% sure that myself or any other mother could get an audition for the show! Motherhood is a dirty job! Anybody else agree?


Mallory after one of her MANY baths this weekend! I think she was glad to get the puke out of her hair!

I hope this finds you all healthy and well!!

9 comments:

Donna said...

Poor Kurtzeborns!! I'm glad to hear everyone is doing better though. With all the sickness that's been around I was worried for little Clark. We
are all sick right now, but luckily just colds. I love dirty jobs!! And yes, moms have it a little rougher than Mike!!

kimber said...

I so know what you're going through. This has been an awful winter for everyone it seems. Hopefully you all are better soon.

The Becker Bunch said...

uhhhhhhhhh...I'm so sorry!! I had the flu right before my birthday and then the kiddos each got it whilst ON vacation! No fun...I agree completely about motherhood being a dirty job...and there is no getting vacation or even leaving early for that matter...we mom's ROCK!! Let us know if you need anything...really!!

Anonymous said...

So after talking to you yesterday and saying how glad I was our house was finally over it. Beau threw up today. My poor baby. I hate this!! I hope they are all good and well by this weekend :) see ya later

Benjamin Francom said...

So sorry that you family was so sick. Don't catch it. And I'll remind Ben not to car pool with Craig any time soon. :)

:) said...

oops hachijuhachi is Ben. Didn't realize I was signed in as him. Get better soon. Nat

Amie said...

Tough times at the Kurtzeborns! So sorry to hear that. We've only been slammed with the cold, which actually did make Aiden throw up a few times from coughing so hard...sorry to Seth and Nikki for the throw up on the rug. :( Being a parent is definitely a dirty job. Throw up has got to be the worst thing ever to clean up! Hope you're all happy and healthy soon!

Britt said...

oh dear goodness. you poor thing. it's because of stuff like that I am still afraid to leave the house even though the babies are 9 weeks... I want them to hibernate for atleast 2 more months.. then sick season will be over.. hopefully.

Hang in there. Hopefully you won't get sick.

Anonymous said...

AGREED!!