We started out Mallory's birthday by going boating on the lake. Mallory's cousins Kori and Audrey were in from out of town and they came with us so it was fun to spend time with them. We don't get to see them very often. Craig's parents, Marc and Treesa, came along too. The person that had the boat and took us out on the lake is actually their neighbor in their ward. So it's because of them that we actually got to go! We had a blast! The kids loved to go fast! They would all sit up at the front of the boat and let the wind whip their hair around and blow in their faces. We would stop every so often and let them jump in and swim around in the water to cool off. Some of the kids were scared to get in the water at first. It's not like a swimming pool where you can see the bottom so they were a little hesitant about the dark water. But by the end of the day they were all begging to jump off the boat! There was an inner tube thing that the kids took turns riding on.
We took turns trying to wakeboard. Key word - trying. We had never been wakeboarding before so it was a learning experience. Craig couldn't hardly get up - when he finally did get up he had no problem staying up. I had the other problem. I got up almost every time - I just couldn't stay up for longer than 10 seconds! Craig's parents were both actually pretty good at it. His dad had been lots of times before so he went for a long time. His mom had never been but she made it look easy! She did great! We ended up bringing the baby. I had my reservations about it, but they had an infant life jacket for him. I was worried Clark would hate the wind in his face and that he would just cry the whole time. It was almost an all day thing so it was going to throw his nap schedule off and I wasn't so sure he would be a happy camper about going. But we had no problems with him. We didn't hear a peep out of him! He's usually pretty talkative, but he didn't say a word! We put him in the water a couple of times and he was totally mellow about it.
The life jacket was pretty restricting so he just sat there like a sausage the whole time! He looked so cute in his life jacket! We had a great time!
We had pizza for dinner and Mallory got to open some of her presents. Her Grandma Treesa made her a Belle dress.
And Kori and Audrey got her a My Little Pony! One of Mallory's birthday requests was to go see the movie Wall-E. We went to the 7 o'clock showing and it didn't get out until almost 9 o'clock! I was surprised they made a kids movie that long! I sat out in the foyer area with Clark the whole time. He was very wiggly. He had been stuck in that life jacket all day. He looked at me like, "Yeah right Mom, you want me to sit through a movie too!" So I let him crawl around on a bench out in the foyer area and play with my sunglasses. He got plenty of attention from people going in to see their movies! We celebrated Mallory's birthday with my family the next day. She got a pink guitar that I actually found on the clearance table on an after Christmas sale. It was only $7.50! And she loves it! Chase loves it too so unfortunately it has been the object of many fights lately. Which speaking of, the guitar is actually in time out right now. If they fight over a toy the toy takes a time out. (It's been in time out for 3 days. I think they forgot about it. Hee hee :)) Anyway, Mallory's birthday weekend was a blast. We were sunburned and worn out from the lake, but we really enjoyed celebrating our Miss Mally girl!!
The post below has some fun facts about Mallory and pictures of her over the last three years. Enjoy! ;)
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Boating and Birthday Fun
Posted by The Kurtzeborn Family at 4:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
HOW FUN!! I always love to go to the lake and swim around, and try to water ski, and just play around! It looks like you guys really had a fun time! Cute pictures!!!
The picture of Clark is too funny in the life jacket! How fun to go to the lake!
That's a lot of fun for one weekend!! I have totally been there done that with the baby in the foyer of a movie! I ask myself why did I do this and then I forget what a pain in the butt it is and do it again with the next kid! Thanks for the reminder!!
What fun! Seeing pics of Craig reminds me of my dad when I was young. Please say "hello" to Craig for me. Even from far away he is one of my favorite cousins - such a nice guy!
What a beautiful little girl. All the kids are darling! The boating day looks like a blast.
What a fun birthday! It sounded pretty draining for you though. I give you credit for taking clark on the boat. I don't have the guts to do that.
Mallory would be an awesome pink rocker. You should have a family band....like the Partrage Family.
Post a Comment