This Christmas has been very different than Christmases in the past. It was our first Christmas alone. Out here all by ourselves. Usually we go to about 4 houses on Christmas Day visiting family and eating food and opening gifts. It's crazy, busy, and fun, but we are exhausted at the end of the day! (As well as the kids who miss their naps!) We knew this Christmas would be a bit more relaxed and less scheduled.
Mallory was the first one up. She got up at 5:50am. The kids have been sleeping in until about 8 or 8:30am so I really didn't expect our day to start so soon! I tried to get her to go back to sleep until Chase and Clark woke up, but she wouldn't have it! It was fun to see her eyes filled with the anticipation of finding gifts from Santa downstairs! To let the boys sleep a little longer I had her "help" me put makeup on and do my hair. The distraction only lasted so long and we made enough noise that the boys woke up. Our tradition is that we all go see what Santa brought together, as a family. The kids were so excited!
Chase did end up getting his goat. Chase wants to be a farmer when he grows up. Well, technically he wants to be a "cow-milker". But he would love to be a farmer and take care of animals. I think that might have something to do with why he wanted a goat so bad!
And Miss Mallory has been OBSESSED with Rudolph this year. I don't know what got her started on Rudolph, but that's all she talks about. She can sing the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer song almost word for word. So she was ecstatic when she saw Rudolph sitting next to her stocking. He even sings his own theme song if you squeeze his ear. We can't wait till Rudolph runs out of batteries. If we have to hear that song one more time. . . . . .
Clark didn't really have any requests for Santa this year. He loves toys that light up and sing songs so Santa brought him a fun little Leap Frog table. Clark was really more interested in the candy that Santa stuffed in every one's stockings. He definitely has a sweet tooth!
I actually posted a cute video of him teasing Craig with some M&M's that Santa left. It's 2 posts below if you want to check it out :)
We got Chase and Mallory those bouncy balls with the handles on top that you bounce around the house on. I loved these things as a kid! I gave them a proper demonstration on how to bounce around. It was a workout! I was out of breathe after bouncing back and forth across the house a few times. Wow, I'm out of shape! Chase picked up on it right away and loves it, but Mallory is a little too short for her ball. She's going to need to grow a few inches to bounce on hers!
Another hit was the umbrellas that Santa brought the kids. It rains here at least 3 days a week. When it rains - it rains all day! A nice, steady rain. So umbrellas are actually a necessity here. The kids have been begging for their own umbrellas lately. So we let "Santa" take the glory for fulfilling that item on their wish list! Here's Mallory with her Ariel umbrella:
Who's cuter? Mallory or Craig?
We went to the movies and saw Bolt in 3-D. Chase loved it! Mallory cried all the way through it. I guess all the stuff jumping out at her was a little scary. She would shrink down onto the floor of the movie theater and put her hands over her ears and cry! She didn't like it very much. We didn't have any family's house to go to so we came home and took naps and played games with the kids. The missionaries came over in the evening for pie and ice cream. And we've just tucked the kiddies into bed. We missed being with our families. We got to talk to every one on the phone, but it's not the same as being there. Nevertheless, it's been a fun and exciting day with the kids. I'm a little bit sad though. The days leading up to Christmas seem to be more fun than Christmas Day itself. I love the anticipation and having something to look forward to! I guess what we have to look forward to now is making our list of New Year's resolutions. . . . . oh boy, oh boy. . . .
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Christmas 2008
Posted by The Kurtzeborn Family at 3:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I am glad you guys had a great Christmas. Your kids' holiday outfits are very cute! So what did Santa bring you and Craig? Ya! Brayden hates those 3d movies as well we do not go to those anymore. Love the video of Clark he is getting so big! Have a happy New Year.
we've been having HUGE wind storms so the wind woke maddie up at 5:15! Way too early....while I like seeing everyone on Christmas, we have spent the whole week prior running around and seeing everyone and it is super hard to drag micah away from his new toys to go out and do more visiting on the big day. Maddie slept in the car from place to place and Micah pouted about wanting to go home to play with his new lego sets {merry christmas}. Looks like you had a great day :)
Sounds fun! We went to see Bolt too, but not in 3D. Tannon kept trying to leave the theatre, so I only watched like 20 minutes or so. I love the picture of you bouncing on the ball..too funny.
It looks like you guys had a great time this year. Christmas can be overwhelming with all the driving around, so it's nice that you were able to spend the time with just your little family. Maybe next year you'll come visit AZ :) I love LOVE Mallory's dress!!! That makes me want a little girl of my own to dress up....
It is so hard to be away from family! And, you guys are REALLY far from family! We saw bolt too. We saw it Christmas eve and my kids loved it. I thought Mason would have been more scared too, but the 3D wasn't that good. Anyway, Merry Christmas!
Glad to hear you guys had a nice quiet Christmas, sometimes those are the best. Hang in there and Have a great New Year!!!
What a relief that Chase was able to get his goat! And an even bigger relief, I'm sure, is that he just wanted a toy one:).
I so know the feeling! It's sort've depressing when you don't have pure chaos at Christmas time, it's almost as if it's just anyother day with no presents! You guys are still my heroes though having the guts to move so far away. Hopefully next year will be more exciting!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! It looked like SO much fun...and I LOVED the picture of YOU on that ball...I about died laughing, you look like you could be 12! What would have happened if you married Seth...people would be REALLY worried with all your kids running around and you looking like older siblings!!:) Heeheee...you all look great and I'm so happy you are doing well in New Jersey! Of course, we still miss you TERRIBLY!
I dont know but I think Craig looks better than Mallory with that umbrella :) I have done the Wii fit for 4 days in a row and after the second day I was sore. It seems really easy but its things I haven't done in a while. I really do like it. I use it every morning for 30mins to an hour. WHAT A FUN CHRISTMAS!!
I think it is a toss up between Mallory and Craig. I'm glad you had a great Christmas.
Happy New Year!!!! New blogging never seems to get done on ours. Love your Christmas pics. The kids are beautiful. Next time we see you we won't even recognize them. Love the goat. We are getting another cow, come on over Chase, you can help feed.....
Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Your kids are so cute! Clark looks more grownup than the last time I saw him - more toddler than baby! Mallory definitely looked cuter with the umbrella, pastels just aren't Craig's colors! You guys are sure good to the missionaries! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Ok Holly here is my question. I am eagerly looking forward to getting back into shape after this baby. I have seen on the links of your blog your "workout bible", Is it worth the $40 bucks to download the book?
Post a Comment