We took a trip into Manhattan to check out Central Park Zoo. We took a train. I would never drive in New York City! Way too crazy! And you can't bring your car seats on the train. So we didn't have car seats once we got to Manhattan. Car seats aren't required in the city either. So we all piled into a taxi cab to get from the train station to Central Park. The kids just jumped in the back seat and we held the babies on our laps. (Craig's sister and her baby came with us too.) I can see why car seats aren't required though. There is so much traffic you don't hardly go 20 mph. If you were to get in a wreck it wouldn't do anything but bend up the fender. Not that you would want your child to go flying off the seat or anything, but they would probably just get a little bump on the noggin. It rained all day the day we went :( And it was nasty humid! But the zoo was fun. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Central Park itself is pretty big. We want to go back and see the rest of it, but the zoo was little. There aren't very many exhibits. But the kids enjoyed it! Chase loved the polar bears. He actually got his first chance to take a picture. We have never let him use the camera before. He really wanted to take a picture of the polar bears so we gave him the camera. He was aiming for the polar bears and he came out with this: Not a bad picture of our Mally girl! So he tried to figure out how to aim the camera again and he came out with these:
Pretty good, huh?
Up by the Polar Bear exhibit there was a great view of the city. There are skyscrapers everywhere! The buildings go forever up into the sky! It was a very foggy day and it was neat to see the fog descend down over the buildings.
We were there when they fed the seals. They did tricks for us and then got their food. Clark was a very happy baby that day and just went with the flow. He didn't mind the stroller and loved looking around at all the animals.
The flowers were very vibrant!
These eagle statues were everywhere in the middle of the zoo. The kids loved to play in the wings!
We all had a great time and were exhausted by the time we sat down on the train to head back to NJ. I think Chase displayed best how we all felt at the end of the day: Mouth hanging open and everything!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Central Park Zoo
Posted by The Kurtzeborn Family at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I have never been to New York...that looks like so much fun!
Okay, WOWZA...I thought I would check back thinking you would post more!! I LURVE all the new photos! You guys are doing such awesome things, I'm insanely jealous!!:) I LOVE THE COATS...I want to put my kids in long sleeves already, but alas, it's still in the UPPER 80's this week! Your family is BEAUTIMUS!!
Great photograph, Chase! Clark's happy stroller picture it so cute!
This move across the country looks like such an exciting adventure for your family! :)
Post a Comment