Chase turned 5 on October 30th. I can't believe my oldest is 5! He's really grown up a lot this past year. He's such a good helper, especially with Clark. They have a special bond! We started Chase's birthday off by having donuts. Chase's favorite is chocolate with sprinkles! After breakfast we went to feed the geese. We have 3 ponds in our townhouse development. Canadian geese come play in our ponds throughout the day. This is often the highlight of our kids's day!
I love this picture! It looks like my baby "geese" are following their Daddy "goose"!
Craig ended up being sick on Chase's birthday so he spent the afternoon in the doctor's office while Clark and Mallory napped and I wrapped presents. I was wrapping the presents up in my bedroom and I see this little bit of brown hair peeking up over the top stair in the stairwell. (It's Chase - I had told him to stay downstairs while I wrapped his presents). I asked him what he was doing upstairs and he said, "Mom, I was just checking on you." Of course he was trying to catch a peek at his presents! Do you remember those days? To be so full of excitement!! Wondering what's behind the wrapping paper all day long!
We went to Chuck E. Cheese's for dinner and tokens! Grandpa Marc and Grandma Treesa came into town for Chase's birthday. We also had two families from the ward come. It was nice to have every one's company and it meant a lot to Chase to have a party! He had a blast riding rides and playing games! Chuck E. Cheese even had a dance floor where you would dance in front of this blue screen and your picture would show up on these TV monitors with different backgrounds. It was pretty cool! The kids loved the dancing part and watching the disco ball!
He opened his presents last. He was so excited! He just kept going from present to present to present!
He had such a great time at his party! We were so glad that some family and friends got to come and celebrate with us!
I took Chase to get his 5 year pictures done and we're getting dressed and ready to go and he turns and says to me, "Mom. I'm growin' up." I almost started crying! Yes, my boy is growing up! He is turning into such a sweet little boy. He has a thirst for life. He lives every moment to it's fullest and he always finds a way to make me smile. That's one thing I love about Chase - if Chase is smiling you can't help but smile back. He has the best smile! His picture turned out great. He looks more like 15 instead of 5. He looks like a male model! He's got his thumbs in his pockets his top button unbuttoned and of course. . . . the perfect smile :)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Chase's 5th Birthday
Posted by The Kurtzeborn Family at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Aidan says, "I wish I went to Chase's party....look at that light saber!!" So funny! Chase is looking so handsome...he's left the little boy stage for sure with that picture.
Both of the boys pictures are so cute! They are growing up so fast and we are missing all of it....
That picture makes me want to cry! It is so sad that our kids grow up so fast. He looks so handsome. You make such cute kids!
HBD to your boys. It is a busy birthday time you guys! It looks like fun!
Chase looks so handsome! What a good mommy to get his pictures done! (I am so bad at that.)
Post a Comment