Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Independence Hall


We got the chance to go to Independence Hall in Philadelphia. I went about 8 years ago and it was just as neat to see the second time around. I love this area of Philadelphia. It's dripping with history! We saw the Liberty Bell first. And then moved on to Independence Hall. I love historical places. I would have loved to have lived back then when all of the architecture was so beautiful. You don't see many buildings built like that anymore. Everything looks so old, but it looks so nice at the same time.

Inside Independence Hall:

The Courtroom:

Room where the Declaration of Independence was signed:

I didn't really get to hear all of the historical facts the tour guides were telling us about Independence Hall because Clark had decided he had had enough of the stroller! He started screaming and I ended up out in the foyer with him. Sorry I don't have any cool facts to share with you! It really is a beautiful building though if you haven't been there yet!
After touring Independence Hall we went on a horse drawn carriage ride around the city. The tour guide showed us all the old buildings where famous historical people lived and did business or went to church.
Don't you love the architecture?



I wish they still built everything this way! We love the movie National Treasure. It was fun to be right there where all of the scenes in the movie took place! Cool vacation spot if you haven't been here!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

HOly Blogging batman! That's a lot of posts for one day! I'm glad you guys are settling into the new area. Happy Birthday Chase and Clark! Cute pics.

Your kids were too cold for Halloween and ours were so hot they had to take off their costumes. Crazy huh?

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Wow! You guys don't waste anytime seeing the sights! We still need to make a trip there. I love the architecture too!