Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Point Pleasant Beach


We went "down to the coast" about a month or so ago. You don't call it "going to the beach" here. People look at you weird. You call it going "down to the coast". Point Pleasant Beach is about an hour from where we live. It is such a fun place! They have a boardwalk with carnival rides and games and fun houses and restaurants and shopping! I have only seen boardwalks in movies. So I guess it didn't click that they existed in real life too.
We took the kids to play on the beach. The beaches are so beautiful here! Never in a million years would I have ever pictured myself living somewhere coastal. It's great that this is so close! During the summer they show movies on the beach. They string a screen up between these two poles and everyone sits on the beach and watches movies. We'll definitely have to come back for this! The carnival rides were fun. They didn't have a ferris wheel so Craig and the kids were a little bit disappointed. (I hate ferris wheels). I guess they used to have one, but they took it down for whatever reason. The rides were mostly for little kids. And they cost a fortune! The prices were ridiculous on some of them! Lucky for us Craig's company was treating our day at the boardwalk. :)

There was also an indoor aquarium that we went to too. They had a big pirate ship that had been "shipwrecked" and there were all these sea animals swimming around it. They fed the sea lions or otters (I forget what they were). We only got to watch that, but the kids were just a fascinated!
Beaches are relaxing and the boardwalk was really a neat experience. IF you're ever out this way we would love to take you!

1 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Super fun! We didn't make it there either!