Clark turned 1 back on October 11th. His birthday happened literally in the midst of our move. We were moving boxes and unpacking things and we realized Clark's birthday was the next day! We had no presents for him, no cake, no nothing! Poor kid! (At least he'll never remember!) So we went to the store and picked up the goods the morning of his birthday. His first birthday was very different than Chase and Mallory's first birthdays. We always have a big family party and everyone comes to celebrate. It's a big deal! This year we had the pleasure of having Uncle Ben and Aunt Crystal and Tristan there. And they're usually the ones who can't come because they live so far away! The party was much smaller, but still just as fun. We ordered pizza and wings for dinner. Our tradition is usually to barbecue hamburgers for their birthdays, but not this year. We didn't have the kitchen unpacked to cook anything and we have no barbecue grill now. So x-nay on the hamburgers! Oh well, Clark LOVES pizza. He thought it was great! (You can't hardly tell Craig and Crystal are brother and sister can you? Straight smile, eyes in the corner, head tilted :) ) (Nice picture Ben!) Clark loved his cupcake! Of course he loved the frosting the most. He kept looking from us to the cupcake, from us to the cupcake when we put it in front of him. I think he was wondering what to do with it. He figured it out real quick!
Some good stuffing action!
After a quick bath Clark opened his presents. And of course he was more interested in the wrapping paper than the gifts themselves!
He enjoyed all of his presents. He loves toys that have lights and buttons!
This will definitely be a memorable birthday. For us more than him. Our first few weeks away from family, a crazy cross-country move, and our sweet baby boy turning one! (Isn't he handsome?!)
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Clark's 1st Birthday
Posted by The Kurtzeborn Family at 9:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That has GOT TO BE the CUTEST picture of you little man I have EVER SEEN!! How grown up and HANDSOME he is!! I'm so glad he had a wonderful 1st birthday party! Different, maybe...but great none the less!! WE MISS THE KURTZEBORNS...any chance of a holiday Arizona visit?! I would LOVE to do a girls night or somethign!!
So, SO handsome Clark!! He's gotten so big! I'm glad you guys were able to have some family there with you. Oh and I'm with Nikki...whenever you come to AZ you better not leave without calling us first!!
Holly:
He might not know now that you forgot his birthday but if you tell him about it later he will ALWAYS remember. Believe me. We forgot Kristen's first birthday because it was so close to Christmas. I just grabbed some of her Christmas gifts and gave to her. Unfortunately I later told her that. And now she always reminds me. So just tell him you had a big party with lots of gifts. :-) And P.S. I love your pictures! Lori Wagner
So sweet! I love that picture!
Post a Comment